Sign the Woodfin
Who to contact
Asheville City Council
Tuesday, Sept. 15, 7-9 pm
Doors open at 6:30
Randolph Learning Center
90 Montford Ave. Asheville
Duke Rate increase hearing to subsidize CLIFFSIDE!
Thursday, Sept. 17, 7 pm
(Pre-hearing rally at 6 pm)
McDowell County Courthouse
Main and Court St.
We are constantly coming across links that we find valuable. Here
are some helpful links we've discovered, but we are always adding to the site, so check back often. Please let us know if you have other links you think would be relevant to list.
• New Rules Project: Designing Rules As If Community Matters
• Community and Environmental Defense Services Working to preserve
quality of life for both existing and future residents. Download their free book,
• Community Rights Council: Taking Back Community Rights
• Southern Environmental Law Center: Champions for Conservation
• The Canary Coalition A Grassroots Clean Air Movement
• Clean Water for NC Working With Communities for Clean, Safe Places to Live, Work & Play
• Big Box Toolkit: Countering Mega-Retailers - Rebuilding Local Business
• Institute for Local Self-Reliance - Offering environmentally sound
economic development strategies since 1974
• WNC-SOS - A Landslide Advisory for buyers of mountain property
• Independent America: The Two-Lane Search for Mom & Pop here
• Scenic America Change is inevitable. Ugliness is not.
• The Trust for Public Land Conserving Land for People
• Million Acre Initiative A program of NCDENR to preserve land in NC
• Land for Tomorrow Saving the Goodliest Lands
• Asheville PARC People Advocating Real Conservancy
• Save Chimney Rock Park - UPDATE -The Park was saved!
• Appalachian Voices Bringing People Together to Protect Our Mountain Heritage
• End Mountainop Removal Action and Resource Center
• Southwings Aerial education to enhance conservation efforts
• North Carolina League of Municipalities A nonpartisan federation of North Carolina's cities, towns and villages that works with local governments. They advocate for municipalities on the state and federal level.